Things to expect at Downeast Massage Therapy going forward:
- We will be working limited hours and staggering the start time of our massages to avoid unrelated clients directly crossing paths in the building and to allow extra time for cleaning and sufficient ventilation in our massage rooms between clients. (This will mean that we cannot see as many clients as we used to)
- Regardless of vaccination status, both the client and the massage therapist will need to wear a face mask the entire time in the building.
- We will contact you the day before your scheduled massage to confirm your appointment and current health status. Based on your responses, we may need to cancel your appointment for safety reasons.
- On the day of your appointment, we will meet you at the front door to take your temperature and have you sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- You will need to complete a COVID health form before each massage.
- For anyone that has tested positive for COVID-19 virus or antibodies, or if you believe you were infected (and were never tested for confirmation), we will need to use only gentle pressure or non-invasive techniques in the massage to ensure your safety. There are known vascular complications as a result of COVID-19 and traditional pressure-based massage techniques must be avoided.
- We may have to close our business and cancel appointments at any time if COVID-19 becomes a greater threat to our local community. We have to act responsibly and prioritize our clients’ and the public’s safety.